Stephen Dent Charity Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stephen Dent Charity Forum

A forum to discuss the charities that Stephen Dent has recommended.

2 posters

How can I trust a charity in my neighborhood?

soshallbutterfly

How can I trust a charity in my neighborhood? Empty How can I trust a charity in my neighborhood?

Post  soshallbutterfly Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:12 pm

Hello Stephen and everyone, I love that the site has a forum now!

Okay, so my question is, how do i trust local charities, such as the ones my neighbors run from their garage? it's harder to tell with smaller groups like hers b/c they cant be checked on charity checking websites. so whaddo i do?

i have told her i want to volunteer there on the wekeends because i think it would be great for my son to help out and get some exposure to what being involved in a charity is all about.

anybody know the answer?

Thanks,

Jordie Question
    Mark Smith

How can I trust a charity in my neighborhood? Empty Re: How can I trust a charity in my neighborhood?

Post  Mark Smith Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:42 am

soshallbutterfly wrote:Hello Stephen and everyone, I love that the site has a forum now!

Okay, so my question is, how do i trust local charities, such as the ones my neighbors run from their garage? it's harder to tell with smaller groups like hers b/c they cant be checked on charity checking websites. so whaddo i do?

i have told her i want to volunteer there on the wekeends because i think it would be great for my son to help out and get some exposure to what being involved in a charity is all about.

anybody know the answer?

Thanks,

Jordie Question

Jordie, huh...... nice name lamo.

I've been ripped off by so many charities and I'm tired of it. I don't trust you, Jordie, or Stephen Dent. I think you both have an agenda and if I ever saw either one of you on the street I would spit in your general direction.

And tell your son it's all just a big waste of time and if he really wants to help out society, go sling crack rock to old people.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:19 pm